Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mother

Mimi came to Austin this past weekend to see me. JUST to see me. She had nothing on her agenda more than just to spend time with me doing things I like to do.

We went to the farmers market, goodwill shopping, north loop, south congress, tons of food places, domain, Lakeway. All over. She was sweet to Jackson and didn't try telling me that I was wrong for anything. She let me cook her dinner, even though she kicks my ass at cooking.

My own mother wouldn't even do that. If I want to spend time with her it has to be on her terms, in her city, at her mercy. Even 'bonding' time is a matter of control. It just kind of occurred to me after mimi's visit.

Maybe I'm being too hard on her. My mom is tired because she works full time, so it's not as easy to drive up for a weekend. But I don't know how she would know, because she's never done that without Jake or Dad.

Our relationship is based on family, and I don't like that. I respect and appreciate it, but I have no idea who she is other than my mother.

I'm going to call her and explain this. He is going to grt defensive and think I'm saying mimi is better than her or something like that. Manipulation control blah blah blah.

I hope she proves me wrong

In other news, I went on my first yoga ride yesterday. It was exhilarating though after spending a day making eggplant Parmesan , quite tiring.

I wanna do it more
But today, I relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment