Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oldie but a goodie.

somebody get me out of this box, before I lose dimension and become a square,
I'll fall flat to the ground just like I was never there.

somebody take me to the clouds, give me some perspective, to help me see
that I am but a tiny ant, and the higher I get the closer you are to me.

somebody take me far away, engage me while we're on the interstate.
take me somewhere undisclosed so i don't notice we're driving in figure 8's.

somebody just take control, hold my hand and show me where to go.
I have no ambition or direction, i just know I can't so this on my own.

remind me again why I'm still here,
why I'm a balloon tied to the table. who the hell is on my shoelace and why am I unable
to float away? why wait another year?

I'll abandon it all and reach out my hands,
and just float above the distant lands.

And. Just. Float.

No comments:

Post a Comment